Welcome Fellow Foodies!

All my thoughts on food, cooking & baking (plus recipes & pictures)

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fresh Fig Cake

This poor blog.  LOL

I have a fig tree, and have so many figs, I decided to make a fig cake for my mother.  Of course, I decided to use a cake mix for a base.

FRESH BROWN SUGAR & FIG CAKE

1 box butter yellow cake mix
1 cup oil
3 eggs
1/2 cup water
10 fresh figs cut into fourths
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix all dry ingredients, and then add in oil, water, eggs, one at a time.  Lastly, add in diced figs. (you can toss them in a small amont of dry ingredients to keep them from sinking)  Pour into a greased bundt pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr.

This was surprisingly yummy!!  I will definitely make it again!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment